No matter if you reside in an apartment or a house, you will inevitably have to deal with unwanted guests at some point in your life. Today’s topic will be how to eradicate common condo pests from both the interior and exterior of your condo apartment in a way that is long-lasting and effective. It’s possible that keeping your home clean won’t be enough to keep pests away, but it will definitely help. It is not the same challenge to prevent vermin from entering a condominium or apartment as it is to prevent them from entering a house. When you reside in an apartment building or condo that is a part of a larger unit, unwanted critters may find it easy to access your living quarters.
Rodents such as mice and rats, as well as insects such as cockroaches, flies, and mosquitoes, are all examples of prevalent pests that can be found in residential areas. Is it possible for you to protect your house from the risk of an infestation by taking preventative measures? The answer is yes, and you can do so by purchasing pesticides, such as insecticides and rodenticides, which can be purchased at grocery stores and hardware stores. Also, if you’re experiencing problems, our friends over at Asterra have compiled a condo cleaning checklist that you can follow step by step.
Here are some tips that might help you keep pests out of your home:
Make your Bed Everyday
When you routinely dust and vacuum your bed room, you reduce the amount of allergens and dust particles that are floating through the air. In addition to this, it stops germs like bacteria and viruses from taking up residence in your house. Your quality of slumber and overall health problems will both improve when the air is clean and fresh.
Here are some simple tasks for making your bed room:
- Put your dresser drawers, nightstands, and shoe racks to good use by organizing your wardrobe and other belongings. Surfaces, window sills, and windows, as well as light switches and light fittings, should be dusted.
- Dust the furnishings and the decorative items. Windows, curtains, and other window coverings should be cleaned. All of the soft furnishings, including the covers or duvets, chair cushions, pillow covers, blankets, throw bedsheets, bedding, and so on, should be clean. You should periodically rotate or flip your mattresses.
- Remove dust and sanitize the baseboards. In addition, clean the floor using methods appropriate for your carpeting, such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, or steam cleaning.
- Keeping things tidy as you go is the most effective method to maintain a clean space in your unit. Instead of permitting flyers, bills, and mail to accumulate somewhere, immediately toss items like these into the garbage after reading them.
The Kitchen and The Dining Room Table
Due to the fact that they are utilized so frequently in our day-to-day lives, the kitchen and dining room are typically the two rooms in a condo that are maintained in a relatively decent state of cleanliness. When it comes to the spring cleaning that needs to be done, these are the places that should be relatively easy to clean. Make sure to…
- Always wipe down those surfaces that are difficult to access, such as the tops of kitchen cupboards, the soffits in the kitchen, as well as the kitchen cabinets.
- Toss out any expired food or will expire soon, as well as any seasonings.
- The recommendations provided by the manufacturer should be followed when cleaning any and all appliances (microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, deep freezer, etc.)
- Use disinfecting Wipe down the kitchen sink and wash your trash can to get rid of any germs. also, if any of the lights in the kitchen need to be replaced, replace light bulbs in the pantry, above the sink, and in the refrigerator.
- Using a microfiber cloths, thoroughly wipe down the dining table and chairs. Restock your supply of light bulbs and filters in preparation for the next time they burn out or need to be replaced. and It’s time to clean the floor. Make sure to sweep and clean them very thoroughly. Completely scrub the caulking. If you have rugs, you should try to clean them in an open air area whenever it is feasible.
Clean your Living Area
The best place to begin when cleaning a living room is to clear the detritus out of the space. Get rid of things you no longer require, and put things aside that aren’t being used right now such as old clothes, gadgets and shoes . This will help you declutter your space. After that, begin the process of cleaning by dividing the space into distinct portions. Follow the cleaning guidelines that we have provided below as you tackle the floors, furniture, fireplace, and window sills. Also, it is essential to maintain a regular cleaning timetable in order to keep your living room clean.
so here are some things that you can do to keep the living room clean:
- You need to clean any dust that has accumulated on level surfaces, such as tables. clean window sills, clean windows and door trim, ceiling fans, light fixtures, mantles, and so on.
- Decor, such as lamps, picture frames, bookshelves, and other dust furniture should be dusted and deep clean. Make sure the light bulbs in all of the lamps and overhead fixtures are replaced.
- Curtains, throw blankets, throw pillows and throw couch cushions should all be washed or at least vacuumed. Windows, glass, and mirrors should all be cleaned. Use a vacuum hose to clean the space underneath the cushions of the settee and chairs, and then either vacuum or wipe down the cushions.
- Move the furnishings so that you can either vacuum or sweep underneath it. Utilizing a fabric dryer sheets, thoroughly clean the floorboards. When cleaning the floors, depending on the sort of flooring you have, you may need to mop, vacuum, wax, or buff the surface.
Deep Clean your Bathrooms
Everyone enjoys looking at a clean and shiny bathrooms. it is recommended that a comprehensive spring cleaning be performed. the first action that must be done is..
- Canisters and bottles of substance that are empty should be thrown away. Organize the drawers and containers by cleaning them out. Cabinets and shelves need to be organized.
- Change out the light batteries. Dust surfaces and furnishings (cabinets, dust light switches, electrical outlets, dust skylights if you have them, etc.) Toilet, clean Mirror, clean windows, and any window treatments should be cleaned as well.
- Scrub the sink, the spigot, the surfaces of the cabinets, and the backsplash. Scrub the commode thoroughly, clean inside and out. The bathtub, the sides of the shower, the faucet, and the showerheads should all be cleaned.
- After giving the tile grout a thorough cleaning, reseal and cement any areas that require it. You should either wash/clean or replace the lining of the shower curtain.
- Towels, carpets, bath mats, and shower curtains for the bathroom, all made of clean linen. Wipe down the floor. Scrub the surface thoroughly.
A clean Laundry Room
Not only is having a clean laundry area better for your own health, but it also helps the environment. There are a number of ways we can clean our clothes, but most of them aren’t very good for the environment. Laundry that is kind to the environment is essential because producing a lot of trash can results from using those large plastic bins and detergent bottles.
- Bottles and cartons of detergent and fabric softener that are empty should be thrown away (or recycled).
- You can clean the interior of your washing machine by following the instructions provided by the manufacturer or by putting the machine through a hot-water cycle while it is empty. In addition, make sure to clean the dryer in accordance with the recommendations provided by the manufacturer. It is important to keep the dust that accumulates on the tops of the washing and dryer clean.
- It is important to clean the interior of the washing machine, specifically the regions where detergent, softener, and bleach are poured. Utilizing a dryer vent cleaning kit, thoroughly clean the dryer duct. If it is essential, sweep, vacuum, or otherwise clean the floors. If you are able to do so, you should move around the appliances by going around, behind, and under them.
- The rest, In order to prevent dirtiness, you should also wash the other garments and wash curtains.
With the addition of some patio furniture, you will have a cozy place where people can talk to one another, eat together, and socialize together. When the weather is nice, spending time with the people you care about on a balcony affords a breathtaking panorama of the surrounding landscape.
Gather up any downed branches, plants, and other debris that may have accumulated. Decks made of wood should be resealed, and outdoor living spaces should be swept and cleaned regularly and Clean your deck/patio furniture.
General Cleaning tips
It may be time to change the light lights. Change the batteries in all of your sensors and detectors, whether they detect smoke or fire, particles, or carbon monoxide, etc. Cleaning light fittings requires dusting. Ensure that the skylights are clean, if they are present. Dust hallway baseboards. Light switches and electrical receptacles should be dusted. Clear the baseboards of the entryway of dust. It is important to clean the window sills, as well as the blinds and draperies.
It is important to remember to clean the light bulbs in your lamps. Lamp lights that are dirty will inevitably produce less light. Lamp bulbs contribute to air pollution over time, particularly through the emission of dust and pollution in the form of atomization from crop management, tillage, and other processes. Lamp bulbs that have been exposed to pollution (such as grease) tend to collect additional pollution.
Dispose of Garbage Regularly
Pick a single garbage can to use for all of the food wrappers and scraps from the previous meal that will be thrown away inside. Utilize plastic liners and clean the top on a regular basis to prevent edible residues from building up inside the container. And with regard to the refuse that is produced outside, ensure that all outdoor trash cans and trash chutes are shut. A broad variety of pests, both large and small, are likely to be attracted to an open waste disposal component.
As a consequence of this, it is of the utmost importance to guarantee that the units are airtight to the greatest extent feasible. Additionally, you need to think about purchasing containers that have large capacities and lids that close as well as side doors. When you find rotten food fragments scattered all over the house, this problem becomes even more severe. The presence of animals in the home increases the risk of disease transmission that can result from this situation.
The overwhelming sense of fulfillment that comes from keeping your clean house is without a doubt one of the greatest advantages that comes from keeping your home spotless. This one is difficult to put into words, but knowing that the appearance of your house is exactly how you envisioned it is an incredible sensation that is well worth the effort. Start with one room if the prospect of decluttering your entire house seems like it will be too overwhelming of a chore for you to handle. You won’t lose that good feeling, and in fact, it will make you more motivated to keep moving!
It is time for you to start reaping the benefits of having a clean and well-organized home now that you are aware of how crucial these factors are. Asterra provides a wealth of information, ranging from instructions on how to clean your area rug to instructions on how to rearrange your furnishings, to ensure that you are able to take pleasure in your space for many years to come. Best of luck with the cleansing and organizing!
Written By Hlyn Fernandez