Rice is a staple food in many Asian countries. There are many possibilities when it comes to rice. You can mix and match ingredients that you can see in your kitchen. Many delicious rice recipes can be cooked in a rice cooker. A wide variety of meals can be cooked in your rice cooker.
No need to worry if you’re trying to lower your carb intake! You can use brown rice as an alternative. You can still enjoy your meals while sticking to your diet. So what are you waiting for? Go to your kitchen and try these easy-to-made rice cooker recipes.
10 Rice recipes you can try at home to spice up that plain rice
With these ten easy recipes, you can enjoy the delicious rice flavor of cooked rice.
1. Fried Rice
One delicious meal that you can create at home is Fried Rice. Fried rice is a popular dish in many parts of the world, especially in Asian cuisine. It typically consists of plain white rice that has been stir-fried with various vegetables, meats, eggs, and seasonings. It creates tasty rice that is easily made in your handy rice cooker.
You can try this rice cooker meal with plain rice, cooked brown rice, or jasmine rice. If you’re a cheese lover, you can definitely experiment and add parmesan cheese to add more flavor to your rice cooker meal.
- Cook white rice in your rice cooker and let it cool.
- In one pot, scramble some eggs, sauté vegetables like peas, carrots, and onions, and add cooked meat like chicken or shrimp.
- Mix all the ingredients with the rice and add soy sauce and sesame oil to taste.
- Adding meat is optional, but if you’re on a budget. You can try to add teriyaki shrimp, andouille sausage, or chicken.
2. Rice Pilaf
This Rice pilaf is a classic and versatile dish found in many different cuisines worldwide, from the Middle East to the Mediterranean. It is also one of the famous Indian rice cooker recipes you may want to try. What sets pilaf apart from plain cooked rice is its fragrant and flavorful combination of spices, aromatics, and often some broth or stock.
- Sauté chopped onions, garlic, and carrots in some butter until soft.
- Add uncooked basmati rice or any rice of choice and continue to cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth, salt, and pepper to taste. Turn on the rice cooker and let it cook until it’s done.
- Spice it up by adding chicken thighs on the side.
With this simple rice meal, you can task the delicious flavor of Indian cuisine with just your rice cooker. Follow this rice cooker recipe to taste a delicious meal in the comfort of your home.
Jambalaya is a spicy and flavorful dish that originated in Louisiana and is commonly associated with Creole and Cajun cuisine. It typically consists of rice cooked with various types of meat, such as sausage, chicken, and sometimes seafood, along with vegetables, onions, peppers, and spices such as paprika, cayenne pepper, and thyme.
- Sauté diced onions, bell peppers, and celery in olive oil until soft.
- Add uncooked long-grain rice, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and spices like paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir well and turn on the rice cooker until it’s done. Add cooked sausage and shrimp, mix well, and serve.
Cooking rice will never be the same if your taste buds will taste this rice recipe. This simple dish will take your rice game to another level.
4. Spanish Rice
Who does not like Mexican cuisine? We can all agree that Mexican cuisine is top-tier in the food game! Spanish rice, also known as Mexican rice, is a flavorful side dish that is commonly served in Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine.
- Sauté diced onions and garlic in some olive oil until soft.
- Add uncooked rice and continue to cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Turn on the rice cooker and let it cook until it’s done.
- Add chopped cilantro and lime juice to get that flavorful sauce.
Making rice with this rice cooker recipe will capture your heart with its flavor. Serve warm with extra lime juice to make it extra special.
5. Coconut Rice
Coconut rice is a fragrant and flavorful rice dish that is popular in many Asian and Caribbean cuisines. It is typically made by cooking white rice with coconut milk, which gives the rice a rich and creamy texture and a subtle, sweet coconut flavor.
- Cook rice perfectly in your rice cooker with coconut milk instead of water.
- Add some sugar and salt to taste.
- Once it’s done, sprinkle some toasted coconut flakes on top.
Try this rice recipe to spice up your rice game! This yummy recipe has been the favorite recipe of most Asian homes. You can never go wrong with this rice cooker meal. It’s not just easy to make; it’s also a very cheap rice dish you should try.
6. Quinoa and Rice Bowl
A quinoa and rice bowl is a delicious and healthy meal that typically combines cooked rice with various vegetables, protein, and flavorful toppings.
- Cook quinoa and rice in your rice cooker. You can use saffron rice if you want.
- Sauté vegetables like mushrooms, spinach, and bell peppers in olive oil until soft.
- Add cooked chickpeas, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix everything and serve.
With this rice dish, you can increase your protein intake and build that muscle! If you’re a gym rat, this rice dish is definitely for you! Grab your handy rice cooker and recreate this recipe to flutter your heart.
A Filipino pride! Champorado is a sweet rice porridge that is a popular breakfast and snack food in the Philippines. The origins of champorado can be traced back to Mexico, where it is known as champurrado. The dish was introduced to the Philippines during the Spanish colonial period and has since become a staple in Filipino cuisine.
- Rinse the glutinous rice with water and drain.
- Combine the rice and water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rice is cooked and the mixture becomes thick and porridge-like in consistency (about 20-25 minutes).
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar to the pot and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes or until the mixture thickens and the cocoa powder and sugar dissolve.
- Serve hot with additional milk or toppings of your choice.
This rice cooker recipe will be one of your favorites! Champorado is typically served hot and can be enjoyed alone or with various toppings, such as milk, cream, or evaporated milk. Some people also like adding sweeteners, such as honey or maple syrup, to enhance the flavor further.
8. Arroz Caldo
Arroz Caldo is a savory Filipino rice porridge that is commonly served as a warm and hearty breakfast or snack. The dish is similar to congee or rice porridge but has a distinct Filipino twist, making it a unique and delicious meal. This chicken rice porridge will surely make your tummy happy!
- Rinse the rice in cold water and set aside.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned about 5-7 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Sauté the ginger, garlic, and onion until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add the rice, fish sauce, saffron powder, black pepper, and garlic powder to the pot and stir until well combined.
- Lower the heat to medium and let the rice cook for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Once the rice is cooked and has reached a porridge-like consistency, add the chicken back to the pot and stir until heated through.
- To serve, ladle the Arroz Caldo into bowls and top with chopped green onions, toasted garlic, and sliced hard-boiled eggs. Serve with calamansi or lime wedges on the side.
This chicken and rice meal is best served when it’s raining. Try this tasty rice recipe; you’ll always look for it on every table. Try this rice cooker recipe at home for your family to try.
9. Takikom Gohan
Takikomigohan is a Japanese rice dish typically made by cooking rice with various ingredients such as vegetables, meat, fish, and seasonings. The name “takikomi” means “cooked together” in Japanese, which refers to how the ingredients are cooked along with the rice in the same pot.
- Rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Drain the rice and let it sit in a colander for 30 minutes.
- Combine the soy sauce, sake, sugar, and salt. Heat the mixture over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Combine the rice, water, and soy sauce mixture in a rice cooker or a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Stir to combine.
- Add the diced vegetables and protein to the rice and stir gently to distribute them evenly.
- Cook the rice according to the manufacturer’s instructions for your rice cooker or on low heat on the stove for about 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked, let it sit for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
- Serve the takikomigohan hot, garnished with chopped green onions or sesame seeds if desired.
This is just one of the Japanese rice cooker recipes you must try. Spice up your lunch by recreating this rice cooker meal. Make it feel like you’re in a Japanese restaurant with this meal.
10. Healthy Vegetable Fried Rice
Health geeks! You can still enjoy all the rice cooker recipes while staying in your desired figure. You can make your fluffy rice into fried rice but in a healthy version. This is definitely one of the delicious rice cooker recipes that will make you full and healthy at the same time.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and softened.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they are just tender.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the beaten eggs to the other side. Scramble the eggs until they are cooked through, then mix them in with the vegetables.
- Cook brown rice for a healthy version of this recipe.
- Add the cooked brown rice to the skillet and stir well to combine with the vegetables and eggs.
- Pour the soy sauce over the rice mixture and stir to coat evenly—season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the fried rice for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is hot and crispy.
- Garnish the fried rice with chopped green onions or cilantro, if desired, and serve immediately.
This rice cooker recipe will not let you down! Gather all the ingredients and grab your rice cooker. Try this healthy recipe that you will enjoy cooking and eating!
It’s a wrap!
Now, you only need to choose these rice cooker recipes and create your version at home.
These are just a few examples of the many delicious rice cooker dishes you can make in a rice cooker. Get creative and experiment with different ingredients to create your unique recipes!
Just like this easy and healthy rice cooker recipe, Asterra can make your living healthy, fun, and easy! Asterra offers affordable, flexible payment terms and various amenities that you can experience.
Make sure to create the following rice cooker recipes at your future unit in Asterra.
To learn more about Asterra on our official website https://www.asterra.com.ph/
Written by Dessa Clanor